If you want to extend the OS drive of your VMWare Virtual Machine, you can follow the steps given below:
- Shutdown your Virtual Machine.
- Remove all Snapshots created for the Virtual Machine.
- Right Click your Virtual Machine and select Settings: navigate to 'Hard Disk' : select Utilities and expand the partition.
- Now Power On your Virtual Machine and install a Partition manager (such as Partition Magic, Paragon Partition Manger): allocate the un-allocated space as “primary” partition
- Now simply use 'merge partition' option to merge the partitions ( OS partition should be taken as ‘basic’ )